While having various cultures in one workplace can present communication problems and conflicts, the benefits of such a variety in the workplace outweigh it. The workplace can present challenges to management in terms of handling the different generations present. As older workers delay retiring and younger workers are entering the workforce, the work environment has become a patchwork of varying perspectives and experiences, all valuable to say the least.
The Generation Gaps workshop will help participants understand the various generations present at work, and understand what motivates them and dealing with them on a daily basis. Both the young and older worker will have many ideas to offer, which will help the organisation thrive in the marketplace. Learning how to deal with the Generation Gaps at work will help you become a better manager or co-worker.
- History behind generation gaps
- What are traditionalists?
- What are baby boomers?
- What are Generation Xers?
- What are Generation Yers?
- Differences between each type of generation
- Finding common ground among the generations
- Conflict management
- Leveraging the benefits of generation gaps at work